Links on sustainable and regenerative agriculture
Index of links
These are our favorite web sites that feature useful information related to holistic management, sustainable agriculture, and regenerative land management
- The Quivira Coalition is a New Mexico nonprofit and educational organization that helps ranches become ecologically and economically sound. The newsletter archives contain many good articles on herding and land stewardship.
- Jo Robinson's website contains information on the nutritional superiority of grassfed meat and milk, in particular the high levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and omega-3 fatty acids in grassfed products. See also the Weston A. Price website for research information on the history of human diets and nutrition. Sally Fallon's book Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats is in part based on Price's research.
- The Stockman Grass Farmer is Allan Nation's classic magazine about the change to grass farming. An outstanding publication.
- Dick Diven's website contains information on nutrition and feed costs for cows and calves that is economically, ecologically useful and can contribute to the rancher's quality of life.
- The Nebraska Sustainable Agriculture Society publishes an excellent newsletter.
- The Online Library from the Journey to Forever site contains Sir Albert Howard's An Agricultural Testament, plus good material on nutrition, food, composting, soil health, and farming.
Related articles and links
Updated 20 October 2005